Cross Professional Supervision Training Programme For
Experienced Psychotherapists / Counsellors / Life Coaches & Other Healthcare / Helping Professionals (Post Graduate Diploma)
100+ hours training as recommended by professional bodies, (IAHIP,IACP)
The course will focus on Skills, Theory and Practice of supervision, enabling participants to become competent in the supervision of individuals and groups of psychotherapists and non-therapists while working in a humanistic, integrative creative way.
Who Should Apply?
- Psychotherapists / Counsellors / Life Coaches / other Professionals who are eligible to supervise according to the criteria as set out by IAHIP and / or IACP or equivalent body,
- Psychotherapists / Counsellors / Life Coaches / other Professionals who are practicing or preparing to practice as supervisors,
- Professionals in healthcare or the helping professions who are responsible for staff supervision and / or are preparing to supervise,
- Those working in the Community Sectors, NGO's etc.
Course content / Learning outcomes:
- To be aware of the goals, tasks and functions of supervision and learn how to walk with them,
- To be aware of how individuals and groups learn and apply this to supervision,
- To become familiar with reflection and models of reflective practice as a learning tool & to develop the internal supervisor,
- To understand the theory and models of supervision
- To be able to setup, contract for, maintain and terminate a supervisory arrangement effectively,
- To recognise and understand the supervisory and working relationships in supervision, including development of the supervisee,
- To help supervisees use supervision,
- To learn the skills of being a supervisor,
- To work with individuals, groups and organisations in supervision,
- To write supervisory reports and evaluations,
- To be thically aware and be able to use an ethical decision making process.
- Role play,
- Lecture / discussion,
- Supervision of supervision,
- Live supervision and video,
- Self, peer and trainer,
- Written assignments.
14 Fridays , 9am - 5.30pm over one year.
(Plus a weekend workshop facilitated by an international supervisor & trainer).
Contact Super.Vision for next course dates.
€ 3200, places limited
Annie Sampson MSc, IAHIP, IACP, ECP
Accredited IAHIP Supervisor
John Hartley MA IAHIP - Accredited IAHIP Supervisor
Eileen O'Sullivan BA IACP - Accredited IACP Supervisor